The ART Beat of Forsyth Woman

A monthly column that keeps its finger on the pulse of Forsyth’s artists and their inspiring stories. This month’s featured artist, Kyla Eliza, finds power and beauty in the art of destruction, rebuilding art from its fragments and binding connections between her ancestors and herself through vivid colors and various mediums. Kyla Stimpson |  Kyla […]

Support is Always within Reach: 5 Things to Know About Hospice & Palliative Care 

As women, we often find ourselves as caregivers for those we love. We take on the role naturally, wanting our loved ones to feel comfort and nurtured. While it can be overwhelming, especially in the case of serious illness, there is help available. Trellis Supportive Care offers many layers of support. From Caregiver Confidence workshops […]

Women on the Move: February

Anita Prendergast, CEO of the Novant Health Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health, is honored to serve as the American Heart Association’s 2023 Triad Heart Ball chairperson. She is excited to spark awareness in the community about heart disease and stroke, emphasize the value of research and ignite enthusiasm for prevention through exercise, […]

Clemmons Corner: Fall in Love with Wingo’s Fine Jewelry this Valentine’s Day

This Valentine’s Day, skip the online search for the perfect gift and spark romance by surprising your special someone with stunning jewelry and accessories from Wingo’s Fine Jewelry. Major jewelry retailers offer abundant inventory and a variety of locations, but sacrifice the small town charm and expertise that Clemmons’s staple Wingo’s Fine Jewelry has in […]

Exceptional Young Women in the Community: Meet Ariyanna’ Burton

As LEAD Girls of NC’s very first High School Ambassador, Ariyanna’ Burton has an impressive resume for being only a junior at North Forsyth High School. After becoming involved in LEAD (Learning Everyday Accomplishing Dreams) in the sixth grade, she has gained confidence, sharpened her social skills, and strengthened her leadership capabilities, which prepared her […]

Bethania’s Beauty: Off the Beaten Path

I have always had a soft spot for tiny towns, which may seem strange, perhaps, for someone who grew up in large metropolitan areas like Toronto and Los Angeles.  When a friend mentioned that a city named Bethania, close to her home in Winston-Salem, only had a population of approximately 341 people, I knew I […]

Brooke Notes: The Publisher’s Perspective

PHOTO BY MEGAN BLACK PHOTOGRAPY The beginning of a new year! 2023 is going to be a good one, I can feel it. While January is the first month of the year, I’m going to spare you from all the “New Year, New Me” stuff. To pull a line from one of my favorite articles […]

The ART Beat of Forsyth Woman: Yolanda Grier

Yolanda Grier  | Abstract Artist & Author A monthly column that keeps its finger on the pulse of Forsyth’s artists and their inspiring stories This month’s featured artist and author, Yolanda Grier, shares her perspective and journey of finding beauty in the broken, sharing the wholeness that healing brings in each of her works.. How […]

CarePatrol of Winston-Salem: A Calm Voice When Choices Matter Most

PHOTS BY JODIE BRIM CREATIVE Transitioning a loved one to senior living is never easy. Emotions are high and questions are many – but knowledge is power! Having experts available to lead you through an overwhelming sea of options can be life-changing, and there’s no better choice than CarePatrol of Winston-Salem. Founded in 1993, CarePatrol […]

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay up to date with our events and get exclusive article content right to your inbox!