People of Prominence

Amber T. Harris is the Executive Director of SPARK (Share Peace and Rekindle Kindness, Inc.) which designs and manages community service experiences in order to help our neighbors in need and spread kindness to all.    Tell us about your formative years, where were they spent? Was community service important to you from early on? I […]

REACH Women’s Network

On March 6th, more than 300 professional women came together for the REACH Women’s Network annual conference. An acronym for Recognize, Encourage, Advance, Connect Her, REACH is a nonprofit with the mission of closing the gender gap by raising the collective voice and influence of women in the workplace. As REACH marks its fifth year […]

The ART Beat of Forsyth Woman – A Monthly Column That Keeps its Finger on the Pulse of Forsyth’s Artists and Their Inspiring Stories 

This month’s featured creator, Michelle Schenker, is a nature-inspired artist on a perpetual journey of discovery, captivated by the ever-unfolding narratives whispered by the natural world. Michelle Schenker  | Watercolor & Mixed Media Artist              How would you describe your work?  One person’s trash reimagined into a beautiful treasure. You […]

Krispy Kreme – History of a Hometown Doughnut

Krispy Kreme, the doughnuts we southerners know and love, opened its first store in Paris, France in December of 2023. Even in the land of delightful bakeries and patisseries, there were several people in line on a Tuesday night…the night before the shop’s planned opening, keen to get their hands on the iconic boxes of […]

Carolina Vintiques

Carolina Vintiques, a charming fusion of antiques and vintage, offers a delightful shopping experience for lovers of distinctive home décor. Owner Shelle McCollum’s vision brought this unique concept to life, creating a haven for discerning shoppers in Clemmons. Located in a spacious setting since relocating from Winston-Salem, Carolina Vintiques boasts a curated selection of farmhouse […]

Alzheimer’s: My Grandmother’s Insightful Journey

In 2018, my beautiful grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease at 85 years old. Being 18 years old at the time, I had heard of Alzheimer’s, but I was unfamiliar with what this disease truly looked like. It was difficult watching my grandmother quickly lose her memory and ability to have normal conversations. Along with […]

Publisher Perspective; April 2024

photography by JODIE BRIM CREATIVE Happy April!  Our team is thrilled to bring you the April 2024 issue of Forsyth Woman! Our mission is to connect our community, and we achieve this by helping small businesses share their stories – we believe everyone has a story worth sharing. This issue is packed with content you […]

Women on the Move – April 2024

Amy Loflin is the founder and CEO of Echo Joy Collective. She has a bachelor’s of science degree in psychology from NC State University and a master’s degree in counseling from Wake Forest University. “I left a job that I loved at The Summit Church to create a new movement of women who long for deeper […]

Community Coat Closet is Keeping Winston-Salem Warm

BY THE CCC TEAM For most of us, looking for a new coat is about style and comfort. But, have you ever thought about the friends and neighbors we have in our community who don’t have access to a coat to keep them warm, let alone one that makes them feel good? The Community Coat […]

It’s Time to #EmpowerHer

These are the faces of Empowered Women! On March 1, these women will kick off the 3rd Annual #EmpowerHer fundraising campaign for Dress for Success Winston-Salem. You may think of Dress for Success as a clothing closet, but it’s so much more. It’s an organization that believes deeply in empowering women to improve their lives […]

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay up to date with our events and get exclusive article content right to your inbox!