by Madison Skakle
Do you ever feel like you’re stuck in a wardrobe rut? Do you always wear the same thing? Do you always reach for the black clothes? It’s time to try something new! Do not be scared to go out of your fashion comfort zone because it’s a rewarding and fun zone to be in. Take some inspiration from the following fashion tips!
- Choose a new neutral. Black is not the only neutral color in existence. You can make any color neutral with how you style it. For example, leopard can be neutral. Pair a leopard-print pencil skirt with a bright blue top and don’t be afraid to go bold. Leopard can be paired with any pop of color or you can keep it conservative and wear leopard with other neutrals such as taupe, gold, black or brown. And yes, gold is a neutral, too!
- Wear all color instead of all black. Yes, I said it. You can wear all color and you won’t burst into flames. If you’re scared to wear all red, wear all navy blue or all white. Wearing the same color from head to toe helps elongate the body and create vertical lines. Give it a try because trust me, you’ll love how you feel and look!
- Invest in versatile leather pieces. A pop of leather (aka texture) can totally change your look. Adding a different fabric to another adds a different dimension and intrigue to your outfit. You may say to yourself, “I would never wear leather pants,” but the second you bring them in and try them on with the rest of your wardrobe, wow, a whole new world has been opened up.
- Mix and match your prints. It’s not as hard as it seems to successfully mix and match prints without looking like your grandmother’s quilt. Just pull out patterns that are similar sizes with one clear accent color as the theme through all of them.
- Accessorize to your heart’s content. If you ask me, you can never add too many accessories to an outfit. However, try to keep your accessories in the same color-way and feel. Pair gold accessories with a brown purse instead of a silver metallic purse.
- Amp up your athleisure wear. Athleisure is basically your nicer workout-wear. It’s a trend that has been here for a couple of years and isn’t going anywhere. You can dress up your athleisure wear by wearing something other than tennis shoes – like some cute flats or block sandals. Add jewelry and a hat and you’re good to go!