What is the best thing about granola? Its honey sweet taste? Its crunchy texture? Or its wide array of add-ins and options? Granola is a great and hearty topping that is customizable to your palette and preference. Add more, or less, of your favorite ingredients – the options are endless.
This recipe is my classic, go-to for homemade granola. It can be tailored to the season by using seasonal spices (think pumpkin spice for fall or nutmeg and cinnamon for winter). You can add in chocolate chips for a sweeter taste or raisins for a sweet, yet healthier, option. Enjoy the flexibility in this recipe – it’s a good one!
- 6 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to distribute oil and honey evenly. Spread a thin layer or granola on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring the mixture and rotating sheets halfway through baking.