A bedroom is often the last room in a house to get attention, so we like to make it special. Whenever we design a client’s dream bedroom, we create a balance between luxurious and laid-back. Bedrooms reflect what makes the client comfortable and can become any style they want. Fashions change, but good design always lasts.
To help our clients achieve their dream bedroom, we always ask many questions before we begin:
- What other rooms flow into this room? What colors do you like?
- What other colors will you see from elsewhere when the doors are open?
- Is there a view or any special features you should make the most of in your room?
- Are there any problems to overcome? What kind of storage do you need?
- Should you be making architectural changes, like enlarging doors, for example?
- Is the natural light good or poor? In what direction does your room face?
- What kinds of artificial lighting do you need – ambient or practical?
- What furniture or art can you keep/restore/replace?
Whether the style is contemporary, modern, traditional, or transitional, attention to detail is key. Keep the bedding, artwork, and color scheme harmonious and uncomplicated, and then layer in a pretty patterned sham, or a few colorful accessories. The comfort of pure linens, cottons, and silks make getting a good night’s sleep just a little bit easier.