OK – you are having a party. So, where is everyone? In your kitchen, of course. No matter the size, your kitchen is always the gathering place.
That’s why today’s designs feature open layouts that incorporate kitchen, dining and living room areas. Fireplaces, large windows that bring the outdoors in, large screen TVs, high ceiling and doors that open to outdoor entertaining areas are major considerations when planning this space.
- The island is the hub of your kitchen, so comfy bar stools with easy-care Sunbrella fabrics are a must.
- Like you, your kitchen loves to sparkle. You can achieve this with beautiful glass pendant lighting – the jewelry of your kitchen.
- As far as countertops, quartz is taking the lead in hard surface trends. Quartz is highly scratch and stain resistant and offers a multitude of choices.
- Looking for a pop of color? Oriental rugs in bold hues can add the color you are looking for. We know you are thinking, “An Oriental rug in the kitchen? Are you crazy?” No! We can Microseal it to resist stains.
- Sound can be challenging in an open layout design, so rugs and pads will also help to minimize the noise. You might want to consider an extra-quiet dishwasher, too.
- Large screen TVs with pull out wall brackets permit the television to be turned and rotated in all directions. This allows viewing from the kitchen and sofa, as well as many other points of the entertainment area.
- Outdoor entertaining is also very important. Many homes now include an outdoor kitchen with comfortable seating, surround sound and soft lighting. You can even add a touch of sparkling color with a gas fire pit that glows with blue light. And don’t forget about landscape lighting to help set the mood.
These design plans make entertaining so easy you won’t have to worry about spoiling your fresh manicure! Now. What to wear…
And speaking of entertaining, we would like to invite you to our Christmas Open House on November 7th, 10:00am – 7:00pm, at 2575 Old Glory Road, Clemmons, North Carolina. Julianna Hayward will be entertaining with live music from 3:00pm-6:00pm. Artists Gail Morris, Sherry McAdams, Carol Willis and Margaret Huntly Harrison will be displaying artwork, as well as mini canvases to use as tree ornaments. Refreshments will include assorted Bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes. Come let us inspire your Christmas décor.