We all know that times are tough, and money is tight, but fight the temptation to remove the services of an interior designer from your budget. Now, more than ever, homeowners need to invest in collaborating with designers. Here are the top ten reasons to hire an interior designer:
- Interior designers are forward thinking and will know the trends that will be popular when your design project is complete, rather than design trends that were popular two years ago.
- Interior designers know the elements necessary to make that all-important first impression. If you plan to sell your home, today’s home buyers expect to feel that they could walk in and not change a thing.
- Design considerations for women is an area where the expertise of an interior designer can prevent problems such as oversized islands or cabinetry that is unusable because it is too high or too deep. We come up with solutions.
- Interior designers can help you negotiate with your builder or contractor and can help you avoid costly mistakes such as using the wrong height or scale when ordering lighting.
- When you use an interior designer, you have access to their sources and product knowledge. “Two heads are better than one.”
- Interior designers can make sure your home isn’t “cookie cutter,” yet doesn’t get too personalized or theme oriented.
- Pairing with an interior designer means that the space in your home will be maximized and planned according to your family’s specific needs.
- Interior designers are trained in color theory and can help avoid costly mistakes by mixing colors and textures.
- Your home is a reflection of who you are. Just as a wardrobe or hair makeover will give you confidence, a well-designed home has the same effect.
- An interior designer can help solve design disputes when couples are involved. It can be priceless to have someone mediate the decision-making process between spouses.
The photographs are from a remodeled kitchen we did. Mark your calendars for the 2018 Parade of Homes the weekends of Oct 13-14 and 20-21. The address is Don Hamrick’s house at 3217 Buena Vista Rd. You are sure to be inspired!
Lastly, a reminder to those of you who want to spruce up for the holidays; call our design firm now to schedule an appointment to allow time for custom furnishings to arrive and/or remodeling of your kitchen or bath to be finished. Need ideas? Visit our website and blog at junedelugasinteriors.com and review our before and after photos and, most importantly, our latest award-winning projects. Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Remember – we are a turnkey complete service design firm that can make it all happen – a fabulous and inviting home.