Believers, dating back to 400 BC, sought to discover the eternal spring, the fountain of youth, in hopes one long drink or a soothing bath would remove years from their lives. All it takes is a look into the water’s surface to find the answer!
In the technological advancements of the modernized world, the answer is knowledge. Through a change of habits, choices and natural products, you can immerse yourself in a figurative ever-glow of eternal youth.
The Water of Life
The ease of leaning your head back in a tub full of soothing warm water offers its restorative power; yet, an additive is essential to fulfilling the needs of rejuvenation and health. Some may seek oils, herbs or petals. Another ideal option is apple cider vinegar. In addition to the vitamins B and C, which help to nourish your skin, the liquid helps joint and knee pain, balances the body’s pH levels and detoxes oil build-up in the hair. Add one to two cups to a tub full of warm water and soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
Ingredients of Life
In living with convenience, the need for pre-packaged food to save time is not the solution to longevity. Some foods can reduce symptoms of illness, encourage a healthy weight and result in a feeling of energy. For the cause, a diet of natural plant foods can balance wellness and boost vitality; therefore, include the following foods in your meals:
- Vegetables, raw, cooked or juiced, have the unique ability to modify human hormones, activate the body’s natural detoxification system and inhibit cancerous cell growth. Try eating more broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage.
- Leafy greens, rich in essential vitamins and minerals, have substantial health benefits. Enjoy salads with fiber-enriched walnuts or almonds!
- Flax, chia and hemp seeds boost healthy fats, protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Sesame seeds are rich in calcium and vitamin E, while pumpkin seeds emphasize enriched levels of zinc.
- Blueberries and strawberries are antioxidant-rich fruits. It has anti-cancer properties that are excellent for the brain, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Pomegranates promote anti-cancer, cardio protective and brain-health benefits. Consider drinking one ounce of juice daily!
- Beans and other legumes help to stabilize blood sugar, reduce appetite and protect against colon cancer. A diet of beans twice weekly can decrease a risk of colon cancer by 50 percent.
- Mushrooms promote anti-inflammatory effects, enhance immune cell activity and slow cancer cell growth.
- Onions benefit the cardiovascular and immune systems as well as having anti-diabetic and anti-cancer effects. Try leeks, chives, shallots and scallions, in addition to garlic and yellow onions.
- Tomatoes have health-promoting nutrients, which include vitamins C and E, beta-carotene and flavanol antioxidants!
Striding for Life
Most active people claim exercise offers a mental clarity that carries them throughout the day. Behind the number one factor, diet, studies conclude the path toward longevity is physical activity. The type of exercise is not essential. The key is to work the body to the point of breathing rapidly and sweating. While swimming and aerobics are ideal, walking the dog and taking family bike rides can accomplish health with the joys of companionship.
The Connection of Life
Extending a hand to one’s face fulfills the words, “I adore you!” The act of positive feelings and physical touch, whether it is a tight embrace, a hand held or cuddling connects to the brain’s feel-good sensations. The release of the hormone Oxytocin fosters a sense of happiness. It is the positive choices that influence wellness. Surround yourself with good friends, pets, laugh, sing, dance and enjoy every day. The alternative, such as a toxic job or relationship, can take 33 years from your life expectancy.
The Meaning of Life
The universe is a substantial concept. There’s more to the world than the ego. The question arises, “What is my purpose?” Beyond health, fitness and social interaction, faith develops the mind to meditate, pray, think positively, expand our horizons and be. Yes, the need to praise God and feel the blessings of life is an extension beyond self; therefore, explore volunteering, aiding people or animals and sharing your gifts!
The spring of the life force flows within you. With knowledge and new habits, the belief in turning back the hours of the clock is possible!