BY LAUREN SEPHTON
Hi! I’m Lauren. I’m a college student, freelance writer, and foodie. From running around as a child with the native tribes of Panama to down-home cooking in Tuscany, Italy, my recipes will give you a taste of the world. My favorite part is seeing the smile that home-cooked meals put on peoples’ faces as they enjoy the farm-fresh flavors from the very first bite. With extra inspiration by local farmers markets across the USA from Seattle, Washington to the Carolinas, the possibilities are endless. Stick around to find everything from achievable dessert ideas to healthy, quick dinners that’ll happily feed the family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
1 3/4 cup oat flour, or all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup maple syrup, or honey
1 1/4 cup zucchini, grated
1/3 cup applesauce
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips, preferably mini
1-2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal with two tablespoons of warm water. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In the meantime, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, shredded zucchini, applesauce, almond milk, olive oil, and vanilla extract into the flaxseed bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the wet zucchini mixture over the flour mixture, add in the chocolate chips, then fold to incorporate all ingredients together.
- Evenly pour the batter into 10-12 lined cupcake or muffin pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Keep the muffins in the oven!
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350F, then bake for an additional 12-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean from the center.
- Allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes in the pan, then completely on a baking rack.
We hope you enjoy this easy recipe that is rich with chocolatey goodness and decadent for a midday pick-me-up!