You’re probably starting to notice that those amazing holiday gifts you’ve bought for friends and family come in all shapes and sizes.
Some are well-suited for a pretty gift bag – especially if they are going under the tree. But some have to travel, as in packaged and shipped to land safely under someone else’s tree, and that’s where the folks at Goin’ Postal in Clemmons step in to become your new best friends!
What’s in your beloved packages will only make memories and deliver love if they arrive safe and sound. We all need a helping hand this time of year, and that’s where owners Vic and Shirley Bragman and their friendly staff take over. Along with their customer service specialists – store manager Priscilla Surratt and seasonal assistant Missy Robertson – Vic and Shirley are experts at helping you find the most efficient way to ship your treasures, and they offer some definite tips for mailing during the holidays.
- Lessen your holiday stress by shipping early. It’s really that simple, and it’s also less expensive because you’ll have time to utilize U.S. Mail (complete with tracking numbers that Goin’ Postal will email you once they’ve created your shipping label) or FedEx or UPS Ground, not the more costly Express Shipping.
- At Goin’ Postal you have the luxury of choosing between multiple carriers: Parcel Post, Priority Mail, FedEx Ground and Express, UPS, and DHL International. Come by or call with the measurements of your package and the recipient’s zip code, and their staff will find the safest and most economical shipping option.
- The store sells all sizes of shipping boxes, and colorful mailers for every special occasion, including oversized options for hard-to-fit toys, artwork, or even a Christmas bike! If one of their in-stock boxes isn’t a perfect fit, they are happy to make a custom box to keep your items protected.
- Handling fragile items such as glass or pottery pieces is their specialty, and they take extra care, wrapping each item securely, and double-boxing if necessary. Their ultimate goal is the shipper’s peace of mind!
- Forgot to add a personal note with your gift? Pick up a holiday card from Goin’ Postal’s display of Leanin’ Tree greeting card designs to add to your package while you’re here. From humor to holiday scenery to religious sentiments, these cards are the perfect finishing touch.
- A gentle reminder: Be sure you have your recipient’s complete address and zip code before you come in, and also include your complete return address on the package – clearly written to distinguish it from where the package is headed.
- Even amid the holiday madness, your kids can take a break, too, and color at the Goin’ Postal kids’ table, while you take care of the final details of your shipment to out-of-town family.
- Want to be sure your gifts arrive by Christmas Day? Send first class mail by December 19, Priority Mail by December 20, and Express Mail by December 22. The U.S. Postal Service recommends even earlier deadlines for military deliveries and international mailings. For FedEx Ground, the last day to ship is December 15, and for FedEx Express, December
After the holidays, make Goin’ Postal in Clemmons your regular business stop for copy services, shredding, faxing, and notary services, as well as mailbox rentals, digital mailbox services, stamps, and other office supplies. Visit what will soon be your “office away from home” at 6255 Towncenter Drive in Clemmons, NC, call 336-712-0505, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.