BY MARISA FAIRCLOTH, PA-C
More often than you might think, I get asked, “Do you treat men?” and my answer is always a resounding “Yes!” In fact, some of my best patients are men, who are referred to me by their wives or girlfriends.
Once sought after nearly exclusively by women, non-invasive cosmetic treatments and services are quickly becoming a norm for men. While men still make up a minority (around 10-20%), the numbers are growing and growing quickly.
So, if you’re a woman who thinks your man might benefit from a MedSpa visit, here are some things you might consider before suggesting it to him:
- According to a recent article provided by the NationalLibrary of Medicine, men are becoming increasingly concerned about their appearance. Women see this reflected in their anti-aging behaviors, interest in fitness and increased use of skincare products.
- As a practitioner who works with men, I must be aware of the facial and body structures that are unique to men. Make sure you recommend the right MedSpa that has not only the experience but is “man-friendly.” At Restoration MedSpa, we take pride in our ability to treat men.
- Facial treatments like micro-needling, lasers, peels, hydra-facials and even deep cleansing do a great job of rejuvenating a man’s skin. Some of these procedures can also have a substantial health benefit in thwarting pre-cancerous lesions, sun damage and age spots that we see so often among very active and outdoorsy men. In fact, the FDA-has cleared LaseMD® in removing precancerous lesions, potentially preventing surgery or other methods that can cause scarring.
- Men in a competitive workplace environment are lining up for injectables like Botox® and Juvéderm®. They require little downtime and can subtly make a big difference in a man’s face. At Restoration MedSpa, we also offer Kybella®treatments to counter the double chin that is genetic for many men.
- We saw the dawn of body shaving and waxing among men a couple of decades ago (and we women have been thankful), but it has been difficult and often painful for men to sustain. That’s no longer the case. Laser hair removal is a more effective way to comfortably reduce your man’s unwanted hair.
- Even before Ian Poulter’s recent promotion ofCoolSculpting® to improve a man’s golf swing by getting rid of unwanted belly fat, we saw an uptick in men seeking body contouring services. If the love handles have turned into handlebars, CoolSculpting might be the answer for ridding some of your guy’s unwanted fat.
If you’re thinking of recommending a non-invasive cosmetic treatment or service for you man, Restoration MedSpa offers a complimentary consultation. Bring him in today…you’ll thank me later!