It’s finally spring and officially prom season, and that means putting together your style team for some incredible prom night results – and for all those photos on Instagram!
Paparazzi Hair Salon in Clemmons has built a “family” of super talented professionals who always make it their personal goal to leave you looking your absolute, most beautiful best. At Paparazzi, prom season is a magical time, says owner Bobbie Skinner, who, along with her husband Jason, has seen her salon dream grow more successful each year. As a Wella Elite Professionals Salon, these stylists are continually educated on cutting-edge trends and techniques, and they can’t wait to share their skills with you, as you plan for your most gorgeous prom ever!
As you begin to count down to the big night, keep in mind these words of wisdom from your Paparazzi team:
- Schedule a consultation with your stylist — or even a trial run, especially if you’re thinking updo — before your actual prom day appointment to make sure you and your stylist are in sync with each other.
- A picture is worth everything. Bring along photos of hairstyles you like to your initial consultation.
- To avoid disappointment, also bring a photo of your prom dress because not all dress designs and hair styles complement each other! If your overall look is going to be romantic, ultra-glam, or maybe a little edgy, keep your hairstyle and attire in the same mood.
- Plan ahead! Make your actual prom day hair styling appointment as soon as possible to assure the best time that works for your schedule, and so you and your stylist don’t feel rushed.
- Schedule an appointment with your makeup stylist also, but remember this is not the time to try anything drastic. Be beautiful on prom night, but be YOU.
- Planning to have your eyebrows waxed? Schedule that appointment at least three days before prom day. The same goes for any facial treatments that could leave your skin red or even slightly irritated.
- Arrive for your prom day appointment with one-day-old dirty hair – you’ll find that styles stay in place better with hair that hasn’t been recently shampooed.
- Wear a button-up shirt to your hair styling appointment, so every hair remains in place when you’re back home and ready to slip into that amazing dress!
- Avoid huge hair color changes right before prom (no “What was I thinking?” moments when you’re looking back at photos, please!)
- If your heart is set on adding hair accessories (think sparkling clips or vintage hair pins) show those to your stylist in advance and bring them to your prom day appointment for the stylist to add into your ‘do.
You read it here: Make your prom day hair styling appointment early! Call the expert Paparazzi team at 336-893-7169 for consultations and scheduling. Paparazzi Hair Salon is located at 6000 Meadowbrook Mall Court, Suite 6A, in Clemmons. Follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and at paparazzihairsalon.com.