Is there anything more Southern than Pimento Cheese? Whether it is smeared on a cracker or part of a sandwich I love this classic recipe. Toss together right before the big game on TV or pack with you for a tailgate. I’ll be honest in saying as a kid, the thought of pimento cheese made me squirm, but as an adult I love its simplicity and versatility. If you’re like me and are a fan, I hope you take a quick minute to whip this recipe up — it’s delicious!
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ (4 oz) of 1 package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric hand mixer or stir until well mixed.
- Serve with Club crackers or between two pieces of white bread.