“Our lives are filled with simple joys and blessings without end. But one of our greatest joys is a home overflowing with friends.” ~ Anonymous
The entrance to one’s home makes a statement about the people who live there. You may have a ‘welcome’ mat by your front door, but is it enough to make your guests feel they are welcome?
Your interest may not have been focused on the decor outside your front door when you decorated your home, but your home’s entry reflects your style and your personality just as well as what is inside the front door.
Simple things you can do to create a welcoming entry to your home:
- Repaint your front door a fresh new color. Keep in mind the color of your roof and the color of your house, and choose a complementary color for your door.
- Update the front door light fixture or give them a fresh coat of paint…don’t forget the post light.
- Purchase a new ‘welcome’ mat for the front entry.
- Replace the old tarnished door hardware, doorbell and door knocker.
- Use decorative pots or urns on the steps leading to your entryway, or on either side of the door, and fill them with colorful seasonal flowers, ferns or greenery.
- Place a small bench or rocking chairs on the porch by the door if room allows.
- Rotate seasonal decorations such as garlands, wreaths or flags.
- Keep cobwebs knocked down.
- Periodically sweep porch, steps and walk.
- Wash windows and glass in or near the front entry area.
Your front entry can convey your sense of hospitality beyond the walls of your home and add the kind of curb appeal that makes passersby take a second look and friends that come to visit feel they are expected and welcome.
In July 2005 I trained with the Interior Redesign Industry Specialist and ReDESIGNS by Ava became a reality. Now, 13 years later, I am thankful to be doing what I love the most: helping you create a beautiful home one room at a time, a home where your family can come to be loved, refreshed and encouraged.