BY MARTIE EMORY
It’s November, the holidays are upon us, and who isn’t carrying around a detailed list or two?! While you’re putting together your gift list for others, consider a “wish list” for yourself – including ways to make your holiday happenings less stressful and much more enjoyable!
At the top of your personal wish list should be the phone number for Simply Southern Cuisine in Clemmons. Family owned and famous for homemade goodness in every dish, consistent quality, and the absolute freshest ingredients, owner Lisa Miller knows good food, and her goal is to become a tasty part of your holiday traditions. Besides the standard favorites of turkey and ham, their number one seller – chicken pie – is a warm taste of comfort and home, as is their Swiss chicken, baked spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, and a medley of wonderful homemade desserts that cater to every sweet tooth!
Now that we have your attention, we’re sure committing to memory these “Top 10” reasons to count on Simply Southern Cuisine this holiday season will bring you back again and again, for the best homemade dishes you didn’t need to toil over – but will be ultra proud to serve your family!
- You can stop by and pick up dinner hot, or pick up dinner frozen. The choice is yours, whatever suits your hectic holiday calendar.
- If your gift list overflows with hard-to-buy-for friends and relatives, a gift card to Simply Southern Cuisine can save the day! Available in any denomination, gift cards are perfect for older relatives, or young mothers, who can always use a helping hand around meal time.
- Do you need a delicious main dish or a luscious dessert to serve at a weeknight gathering for out-of-town relatives? Pick up their family-size meals hot and ready to eat, in 9 x 11 pans which serve approximately 20 people.
- When you’re in charge of planning a holiday meal for your office, Simply Southern Cuisine offers completely catered meals for ten people and up.
- The catering menu offers a variety of melt-in-your-mouth options for large family gatherings during the holidays as well, and yes, Simply Southern Cuisine will deliver right to your home!
- For the star occasions — Thanksgiving and Christmas — they offer complete ham and turkey dinner options for six guests or 15 – ready for you to pick up (fresh or frozen) the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas – and cooked in the comfort of your own home!
- If you have aging parents, Simply Southern Cuisine has single-serving sizes of their favorite dishes, ready to pop in the oven and take another task off your to-do list. (A great idea for the winter months, too, when they have difficulty getting out.)
- Stop fretting over neighbor gifts this year: Think chocolate chess pie, pecan pie, banana pudding, or chocolate chip cheesecake to bring a little holiday cheer.
- When it’s time to send your college students back to campus after the holidays, seeing them off with homemade meals is the best way to show your love. (We guarantee you’ll receive a grateful call or text one night when you least expect it!)
- Grab an extra serving of YOUR favorite dessert, to enjoy after a long day of shopping, and thank Simply Southern Cuisine for being part of your most delicious holiday memories!
A go-to for mouth-watering meals year-round, but an absolute must for the holidays, Simply Southern Cuisine is located at 3570-C Clemmons Rd. in Clemmons, NC. For more information, call 336-712-4636 or visit their website at MySimplySouthern.com, where you can click on the Holiday Menus tab for ordering details. Saturday, November 23 is the Thanksgiving deadline for ham, turkey, and desserts, and the Christmas order deadline is Thursday, December 19. Visit Lisa and Vickie at the store Monday through Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.