At Forsyth Magazines, our taglines involve celebrations! Forsyth Woman promotes “Celebrating the lives of women!” and Forsyth Family encourages “Celebrating Family Life.” And while the tagline isn’t on the cover of Forsyth Woman Engaged!, our wedding magazine is all about celebrating beautiful, local weddings. We are a team that definitely values celebration.
I think Oprah Winfrey would love our taglines. After all, she once said, “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” And that’s it in a nutshell! It’s what we work for every month as we put together our publications.
We’re in June now, a month I associate with celebration – graduations…end of the school year… wedding season… No matter what month, every day, in every corner of the globe, someone is celebrating something. But it doesn’t have to be a birthday or anniversary to have a celebration. We don’t have to wait for a job promotion or an awards banquet to celebrate. Every day, there’s an opportunity to celebrate – if only we look for it! Whether it’s celebrating the ability to touch your toes after weeks of hard work on your new workout program, celebrating a cavity-free dentist appointment, or celebrating a friend’s clean bill of health, celebrating even the smallest moments can have a tremendous, positive outcome on your life!
Consider these ideas to help you find ways to celebrate every day:
- Break out the good china! Why not? You don’t have to save the good dishes for company when your family members are the most important people in your life!
- Send your friend a card, just because she’s your friend and you’re happy that she is!
- If you’re working on a goal, set up a reward system to help you stay focused and excited about what you’re working to obtain!
- Take time each day to reflect on all you have to be thankful for!
- If it’s sunny – celebrate the pretty day. If it’s raining – celebrate all the plants getting a drink of water. Find reasons to be happy about the environment you’re in!
- Enjoy the little things!
- If you need some inspiration, read “If I Had My Life To Live Over” by Erma Bombeck.
- If you need some more inspiration, check out DaysOfTheYear.com for daily reasons and causes to celebrate. (As I write this, I’m particularly looking forward to May 8th for No Socks Day!)
Celebration doesn’t always have to include cake and fireworks! (Though, I personally think that just having cake is a reason to celebrate!) As you go about your daily lives and routines, look for moments to
celebrate…even if it’s a little internal, private celebration! And as you seek these opportunities to celebrate, consider the wise words of Tom Peters: Celebrate what you want to see more of.