November through February is known in the wedding market as “engagement season.” In fact, the most popular days of the year to get engaged are within a week of each other — Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. With 43% of couples getting engaged during this time period, it’s the reason the Forsyth Woman Engaged! team decided to change its publication months to November and May. We wanted our local wedding planning resource to be readily available for brides as soon as they got their shiny new engagement rings!
If you are newly engaged, the emotions may be overwhelming, and you may be wondering — what are the next steps? How do I get started? Obviously, we encourage you to share the news with your closest family — in person, if possible, and if not, over the phone. Whatever you do — please don’t let your mom find out about your engagement on social media along with all your other friends.
Once you’ve shared the news — we recommend the following steps:
- Pick up your own copy of Forsyth Woman Engaged! It’s available at dozens of local wedding boutiques throughout the area as well as all the local Harris Teeter and Food Lion stores.
- Find a photographer for your engagement pictures! If you need some help, we have some amazingly talented photographers we work with in Forsyth Woman Engaged! Their work is showcased throughout our magazine. Browse through the pages and check out the at-a-glance chart on pages 22-23. These will help guide you as you select a photographer whose style best reflects your own!
- Submit your engagement picture online at SurveyMonkey.com/r/FMCelebration or email Brooke@ForsythMags.com. Follow the instructions, and we’ll happily run your engagement in an upcoming issue of Forsyth Woman Engaged! (And, if we have room, we may even run it in Forsyth Woman!)
- Utilize the advertiser index on page 99 to find other vendors you may want to work with.
- Don’t forget — we’ve included a handy planning checklist for you to use. You can find that on page 12.
- Get started early on selecting a venue! They book up fast! We’ve included another handy-dandy tool for that, too! The venues-at-a-glance is found on pages 24-25.
- You may want to spend some time between pages 32 and 55…these are all local weddings from which you can draw your own inspiration!
- Make notes about what you like, what you don’t like and what you must have! Don’t forget to write a budget.
- Schedule a meeting with a wedding planner! Don’t assume anything about cost…most offer a free consultation, and a wedding planner is in the know on how to save money while creating the gorgeous wedding of your dreams! It’s worth the time to visit, talk and learn how they can help you! We have some great advertisers who are brilliant wedding planners!
- Be sure you breathe, relax and enjoy the experience. Planning a wedding should never feel like work…it should be fun!
Congratulations on your engagement, and happy planning! Forsyth Woman Engaged! is excited to be a part of your planning process!