Unique boutique URBN Grl is like no other, distinctive and totally adventurist. Their goal: to bring cool and unique things from small and local businesses. With gifts galore of many lines and brands, they appeal to sassy girls and powered boss babes (though cool dudes are welcome, too).
PASSION MEETS POWER
Putting her passion and power into her savvy, sassy and stylish store, owner Katie Shaver carries products from mostly women-owned businesses, and lots of the businesses are local. “Empowered women empower women,” says Shaver, one of her favorite quotes.
BRANDS TO BOAST & SHOPPING LOCAL
“I absolutely love every brand I carry,” says Shaver. For super cool, badass shades, try Johnny Fly from Charlotte, NC. And URBN Grl is also home to lots of local lines and brands. Shaver goes out of her way to support the local economy by shopping local whenever possible. One of her favorite local brands, Mray, is lady-owned and has some really fun goods and gifts. Find 100% cruelty-free, vegan fragrances that are paraben and phthalate free. Not only are the products natural and sustainable, but the phrase on each candle is hilarious and sassy as well.
When asked what gifts she would feature for the holidays, Shaver was quick to say, “Glacce crystal elixir water bottles, which is a water bottle with a crystal in it. Such a cool and unique gift. Also, record players and records!”
Sphynx portable razors make great stocking stuffers. They are best for on-the-go when you need a quick touch up. Shaver suggests her hotel-style keychains, which are sassy and fun. She also likes Ginger June non-toxic roller perfumes.
So, what’s cool (pun intended) for winter, for December and beyond? Jade Rollers – these new beauty tools are flying out of the shop, as are Band vintage tees. Everyone loves vintage and good music!
You may also wonder what new scents are in? Shaver’s favorite fragrance pick is The Unsettled Co. exclusive URBN Fragrance. It’s toxic-free and smells amazing. The Unsettled co. is a new fragrance line that just launched and the URBN fragrance is exclusive to the shop. She also loves Lou Moon candles, a “holiday fir candle that smells so good and puts you in a Christmas spirit,” says Shaver.
IN THE MOOD FOR MUSIC
Want to find music you resonate with most? Look no further. URBN Grl carries a little bit of everything, from AC/DC to Beyonce. There’s a diverse variety of new and used vinyl. And, enjoy the music on the store’s record player as you browse.
BEST OF BRANDS
So, you want to check out the best brands to shop for at URBN Grl…Here they are:
- Johnny Fly Co. Sunglasses – Charlotte, NC
- Lotus Moon Candles – Rock Hill, SC
- Policy Handbags – Charlotte, NC
- Sass & Ink – WSNC
- Annabelle Beet Art – WSNC
- Vicki Glaze Earrings – WSNC
- Glacce Water Bottles
- Crosley Record Players
- Sphynx Portable Razors
- “URBN Grl has, by far, some of the cutest and unique things I’ve ever seen! Everything from jewelry, totes and even gifts for guys. Definitely a must shop.” – R.C.
- “I loved this store! It has so many unique items and local brands. Customer service was great, as well! I recommend this store for everyone’s gift and personal needs. There are items you won’t find anywhere else!” – A.M.
- “Awesome shop! So happy to have it in Winston-Salem. Unique gifts and even records! The owner is sweet and passionate about what she sells in her store!” – B.O.
- “The owner told me she’s always wanted to open a little shop, and she’s done an awesome job. Unique gifts, local artists, products with a cause, a ton of whimsy and attitude. Not like anything else in Winston.” – K.R.
GET GIFT GIVING
Get going this gift-giving season by getting to URBN Grl for your Christmas and holiday shopping. December holiday hours are Monday – Saturday 11 am – 7 pm and Sunday 12 pm – 5 pm.
Browse, shop and meet Katie, plus get gifts for the season of seriously irresistible treasures. URBN Grl is located at 908 Burke Street in Winston-Salem. Call 336.955.2303, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the boutique on Instagram and visit the website at Urbngrl.com. Regular store hours are Tuesday – Saturday from 11 am – 7 pm. The boutique is closed on Sunday and Monday.